Beautiful design, Morning owl look amazing.

This embroidery work up perfectly and stitch out nicely. 
Buy Now

Excellent stitches and original style

Stitched out beautifully! Looked amazing and no issues!
Buy Now

Loving birds.. Wonderful designs, stitched out beautifully

Really cute, You love this when you stitched it. Would love more of same designs.
Buy Now

Our designs looks great

Stitched out beautifully! Wonderful decoration!
Buy Now

Adorable design. Stitches out beautifully.

"Thanks so much for this design It's lovely and stitched out beautifully on leather."
Buy Now
  • Sign in to follow this  

(0 reviews)

Sewing toys: a machine embroidered soft ball

Sewing toys: a machine embroidered soft ball

It is relatively easy to sew a child’s toy: there are a lot of patterns on the Web. If you have an embroidery machine, you can decorate the toy with the monogram with the child’s initials, the name of his or her favorite group or sports team. There are tons of possible variants. Read this tutorial and learn how to assemble a soft ball from appliqué panels.

Sewing toys: materials

• Machine embroidery design
    • Felt 2 mm thick, 3 colors
    • Tearaway nonadhesive stabilizer
    • Upper thread
    • Underthread

Sewing toys: sewing order

Load the design into your embroidery or sewing and embroidery machine. Hoop a nonadhesive tearaway stabilizer, attach it to the embroidery machine and embroider the first line, which will serve as a guide for positioning your felt panels. After that, the machine will stop and you will place your felt panels of different colors onto the stabilizer. I've conceived a two-color soft ball. The stitchline of the next color will join the felt and the stabilizer, and the one after that will serve as a guide for the manual sewing of the panels.

sewing-softball-fabrics.jpg

sewing-softball-stitching-layers.jpg

Depending on the design you've chosen (mine is appliqué), you’ll need to change the upper thread color. In appliqué, the layers are sewn on one after the other. In this case, it’s yellow, like the future logo background.

sewing-softball-adding-logo-background.jpg

sewing-softball-yellow-background.jpg

Having sewn on the detail of your future appliqué, trim the edge with sharp scissors. After that, you embroider the appliqué panel.

sewing-softball-trimming-layers.jpg

sewing-softball-embroidering-logo.jpg

On another panel of my ball, I’ve decided to place a child’s initial. For this, I used the character sets from the Brother Innov-is LE memory. I enlarged the letter using the resize option.

sewing-softball-logo-ready.jpg

sewing-softball-ready.jpg

All manipulations with letters should be performed before the embroidery starts, in the Embroidery Edit mode!

Having finished the embroidery, remove the leftovers of your tearaway from the panels and cut them, leaving 0.5 to 1 cm allowance. Sew the details like a biscornu pincushion (translator's note: a tutorial will be added in the nearest future!)

Visit our store for an Embroidery library of logos!

Original text by Irina Lisitsa

Edited by Irina

• Thanks 1
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you! It's pitty  here is no pattern of this ball. I have no time to make it myself. :-(

Share this comment

On 6/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, Mila Oost said:

Thank you! It's pitty  here is no pattern of this ball. I have no time to make it myself. :-(

Hi Mila!

I'm glad you like the article )

There is a link in it to our store where you can find a logo to your liking. We have lots of them ) The one in the article is there just for illustration. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thank you for your attention. :) I meant not logo, but sewing pattern for making a ball. ))) I can make it, but it takes about 1 hour. I am too busy. )))   Thank you one more time. Your articles are always clear and  informative.

Share this comment