new to embroidery, but now running a business

Hey guys, im looking to embroidery to my arsenal of my digital printin business. I have obviously heard so many brands just from forums, google etc

from, Avance/Highland, to Ricoma, , SWF and make a couple more..

I want to stay in the 15k range max limit, but if there is stuff under stand obviously id like to hear about those too! I have kinda been leaning towards a ricoma tc 1501,  but i do have to admit all my opionions right now are solely based off customer service and not production of the machine...

For some reason i started first with Avance, and then i THINK i found out they are a little les on the totem pole however I just want to get some opinions from you experts.  I do want to do a lot of hats, but also have the option of maybe some bags an what not eventually.  

Anyway help would be appreciated as i just dont want to be talking into something that really isnt what they say it is.  id rather pay a lil more for something my peers recommend works.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Oh, I suggest you to look for brands that have a good reputation in the embroidery industry. You can check online forums, social media groups, and review sites. Besides, consider the features you need in an embroidery machine. Make sure the machine you choose can handle the types of projects you have in mind. Set a budget and compare different brands and models within that budget. According to, this is an important step when it comes to business decisions. Ultimately, it's important to do your own research and make an informed decision. Good luck with your embroidery journey!

• Like 1

Certainly! Embroidery machines can represent a significant investment for any business, which is why it's important to conduct thorough research and carefully consider all available options before making a purchase decision. Do you have any specific questions or concerns regarding embroidery machines that I can help with?

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:17 PM, rawjahprint said:

Hey guys, im looking to embroidery to my arsenal of my digital printin business. I have obviously heard so many brands just from forums, google etc

from, Avance/Highland, to Ricoma, , SWF and make a couple more..

I want to stay in the 15k range max limit, but if there is stuff under stand obviously id like to hear about those too! I have kinda been leaning towards a ricoma tc 1501,  but i do have to admit all my opionions right now are solely based off customer service and not production of the machine...

For some reason i started first with Avance, and then i THINK i found out they are a little les on the totem pole however I just want to get some opinions from you experts.  I do want to do a lot of hats, but also have the option of maybe some bags an what not eventually.  

Anyway help would be appreciated as i just dont want to be talking into something that really isnt what they say it is.  id rather pay a lil more for something my peers recommend works.

Thanks everyone!

I'm always happy when someone turns their hobby into a business.
I congratulate you on this and I wish you all the best.

Before recommending embroidery machines for your business, I would like to recommend some for you to read about business.
If it's your first business, for sure there are a lot of things you don't know about managing it, but which can get you in trouble later.

And this is because most of the time, when we go from hobby to business, we are good at the activity, but they are stupid at managing the business, or even at planning it. That's why I strongly recommend you to reserve an hour and go through the resources above.

Now, if talking about sewing machines, considering your budget of around $15,000, there are several reputable brands and models you can explore. Here are a few popular options:

1. Ricoma TC 1501: You mentioned leaning towards this model. Ricoma is a well-known brand in the embroidery industry, and the TC 1501 is a popular choice for small to medium-sized businesses. It offers a decent stitch quality and comes with a variety of features.

2. SWF/E-T1501C: SWF is another reputable brand that offers reliable embroidery machines. The E-T1501C is within your budget range and is known for its production speed and durability. It can handle various types of fabrics, including hats and bags.

3. Brother Entrepreneur PR1050X: Brother is a trusted brand in the embroidery market. The Entrepreneur PR1050X is a high-end machine with advanced features. While it might be slightly above your budget, it's worth considering if you're looking for professional-grade performance and versatility.

4. Tajima TMBP-SC Series: Tajima is a well-established and respected brand in the embroidery industry. Their TMBP-SC series offers a range of models that can handle different embroidery needs. Tajima machines are known for their precision, durability, and excellent stitch quality.

• Like 1