Help Required: SWF/B-UK1202-45

I am new to the embroidery business. My company mainly does websites. However, I have stumbled across owning a SWF/B-UK1202-45 machine in good condition.

I have done 1 job on it, a continuation of the previous owner's work, and I had the file already on the machine to do it.

The machine uses 3.5" floppy disks to load the .dst files onto it. The previous owner won't tell me his machines' age; he just said they are not modern. When I load the floppy disk onto my laptop running Windows 10 via an external USB drive, it says the disc is not formatted. I didn't want to format the only disk I had as I would lose the customer's design. 

I have a 3.5" to USB Emulator, but that didn't work when I installed it. it was turning on and just not reading any files to load onto the machine.
Has anyone else been in this situation that can shed some light on what I need to do to get this up and running? 

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a computer business for 30 years, recently retired.  My "guess" is that this is your problem....

My best solution or thing to at least try, would be to try to check the disk out with an older version of windows that has a floppy drive.  At least this should pretty much confirm or disprove the idea here:  (I would not necessarily recommend the "solution" presented in the article as it could be damaging to the disk - unless you don't care about the disk)  Try a computer with an older version of Windows and FWIW, it appears there are a LOT of people who have the same problem with SWF machines and Windows 10.

• Like 1