Hello all! I currently run a home business but would like to expand the products I offer with embroidery. I purchased a Brother PE800 to kind of get my feet wet, and I have made a few unstructured hats with it using a custom built hat hoop I purchased off Etsy. I love the machine and feel comfortable using it.

However, this fall I would like to invest in a multi needle machine to be able to embroider on a larger scale, and on structured hats. Specifically company logos.

Can anyone recommend a machine? I have done some research myself but always rather ask others with more experience directly. Would like to stay around or under $5,000 if possible.

Can some also recommend the best digitizing software to go with the said machine? I've been thinking about purchasing Stitchartist level 1 and 2 but have held off because I've been paying someone else to digitize a few things for me. I'd like to learn to do it myself, though.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hey bro, if you are looking for a good multi-needle machine, I can suggest you the Baby Lock Venture Multi-Needle Embroidery Machine. This machine has good quality and additional features, but the price is higher compared with the smaller models. I bought mine for 3500$ at the Christmas sales last year. If it's a little expensive for you, you can approach the business capital for business credit

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hey there! I know this post is a bit old, but I wanted to chime in with some advice on growing your home business.As for your question about embroidery machines, I've heard good things about the Janome MB-4S and the Melco Amaya Bravo. As for digitizing software, Stitchartist is a great option, but you could also consider Wilcom or Embrilliance.One thing that could be really helpful in getting a business valuation from a professional service. This can give you a better understanding of the value of your business and help you make strategic decisions on how to grow and expand.Hope this helps, and good luck with your business!

• Like 1

Hello! It's great to see your interest in helping others grow their home businesses. Your input on embroidery machines is valuable, and I'd be happy to provide more information.

The Janome MB-4S and the Melco Amaya Bravo are both popular embroidery machines, each with their own unique features:

Janome MB-4S: The Janome MB-4S is a 4-needle embroidery machine that offers professional-level quality at a relatively affordable price. It is user-friendly and well-suited for home businesses. Some key features of the Janome MB-4S include:

• Remote Computer Screen (RCS) for easy design editing and control
  • Automatic thread cutter for precise and efficient thread trimming
  • Dedicated bobbin winding motor, allowing you to wind new bobbins while embroidering
  • 50 built-in designs and 10 fonts for monogramming

Melco Amaya Bravo: The Melco Amaya Bravo is a 16-needle embroidery machine that caters to the needs of growing home businesses. It is a more advanced option, offering high-speed embroidery and more extensive design capabilities. Some notable features of the Melco Amaya Bravo include:

• Wide sewing field for larger designs
  • DesignShop V10 digitizing software, allowing for greater creative control
  • Acti-Feed thread tensioning system for consistent, high-quality stitching
  • Networking capabilities, enabling you to connect multiple machines for increased production capacity

Ultimately, the best embroidery machine for your home business will depend on your budget, production needs, and desired level of control over design creation. Both the Janome MB-4S and the Melco Amaya Bravo are reputable choices, but if you're just starting out, the Janome MB-4S may be more suitable due to its lower cost and ease of use. However, if you're looking for more advanced features and the potential to expand your business, the Melco Amaya Bravo could be a better investment.

• Like 1