"Side Patch" Direct Embroidery on Fitted New Era Baseball Caps

Good evening,

My name is Brandon, and I'm new to the community. I have (2) single head machines; Brother BAS-415 and SWF B-T1501.

Recently, many of my clients have asked to recreate New Era caps equipped with the World Series Side Patch. In particular, I would

creating complex embroidered patterns of 2.5-3 inches (20,000-30,000 stitches) on the unstructured side panel of the New Era baseball cap (the panel closest to the edge).

Here is what I am looking to find out;

1) Is it possible to achieve this level of difficulty embroidering on an unstructured panel of a baseball cap in this hard-to-reach area? My local store told me that I approached with a request that it would be too complicated, and the embroidery probably would not work.

2) If yes, what type of hoop will be recommended for this application? Is a standard SWF cap sufficient? My problem was to circle it perfectly, and even when stretching the panel, areas still appear as if they were deformed, if they were stitched

3) Is the Hooptech Side Cap suitable for this task? Here is the link to this Hooptech solution that I am considering. The main problem is that it is $ 400, and they only accept returns because of a manufacturer’s defect, so I really want to make sure that this will allow me to fulfill what I am looking for before the purchase. Funny fact; The area you can embroider is only 2 3/4 x 2.5, so I guess I can really only embroider 2-2.25 "designs (which is really disappointing given the price of the side clip).

Hope to get some good advice on this. I am going to attach some images to the side patch style hats that I am going to reproduce. Thanks in advance for your help.

World Series embroidered patch

Side trim fits with embroidery design

• Like 1