Jump to content

Beautiful design, Morning owl look amazing.

This embroidery work up perfectly and stitch out nicely. 
Buy Now

Excellent stitches and original style

Stitched out beautifully! Looked amazing and no issues!
Buy Now

Loving birds.. Wonderful designs, stitched out beautifully

Really cute, You love this when you stitched it. Would love more of same designs.
Buy Now

Our designs looks great

Stitched out beautifully! Wonderful decoration!
Buy Now

Adorable design. Stitches out beautifully.

"Thanks so much for this design It's lovely and stitched out beautifully on leather."
Buy Now
  • Sign in to follow this  

    (0 reviews)

    3D appliqué step by step

    Original text by Marina Belova 

    Let me tell you how I made my first free-standing appliqué. I never had any reason to do such a thing, so, having perused several sources of information on the subject, I decided to give it a try. Curiosity, you know. 

    It took me some time to choose a design, and in the end, I opted for a free one from one of the Western websites. I don't remember which one.

    This is the original design: 

    mosquito-01.jpg

    As I needed to create an insect, I settled on organza leftovers as a fabric for my appliqué. Gray for the back side of the wings and milk-white for the front. I thought it would make the appliqué look better. 

    A separate 2-stage file was created for the wings. 

    I outlined the wings with satin stitches of the constant width. 

    mosquito-02.jpg

    Separated the wings from each other and placed them in a row so that it would be easy to cut the fabric near the border. 

    mosquito-03.jpg

    I decided against satins in the areas covered with mosquito's body in order to avoid excessive density. In the original design, the wings were superimposed, and 2 layers of satin borders would result in a bump under the element on top of them. Therefore, in the lower part of the wings, I replaced them with running stitches. 

    After that, I created the main file with the rest of the design: 

    mosquito-04.jpg

    This is where the machine goes in. 

    For the wings, I hooped 2 layers of organza without any stabilizer whatsoever. 

    mosquito-05.jpg

    Embroidered them: 

    mosquito-06.jpg

    Trimmed carefully along the satin border. I left a margin in the lower part of the wings that was to be covered with mosquito's body. I reasoned in this way: better to leave a margin and be sure that everything would be firmly attached. It could be carefully trimmed and the leftovers singed afterward: 

    mosquito-07.jpg

    After that, I hooped my basic fabric and began to embroider the rest of the design. When digitizing, I placed all the background elements first in the line: 

    mosquito-08.jpg

    This instantly showed me where to place the wings on a mosquito's body in order for them to be properly covered: a small empty wedge under the head. I tried to arrange the wings inside this wedge, securing them with pins. It would be much more convenient to attach them with the help of temporary spray adhesive, but it wouldn't hold organza in place. So I made do with what little I had: 

    mosquito-09.jpg

    After that, the machine did a tacking stitch that attached the wings to the chosen place. Right after an appliqué was topped with an element that was supposed to cover its edges. I had to trim the organza margin, after all, to prevent it from sticking out. 

    Then the embroidery proceeded to its end. 

    Here's the mosquito I got as the result: It has some weak points, but overall looks impressive. Thanks to the wings, of course. 

    mosquito-10.jpg

    The embroidery process when employing this technique is rather demanding and requires diligence. But the effect is worth it and, besides, it only takes 7500 stitches. 
     


    • Upvote 2
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    There are no reviews to display.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...