• Upvote 3

1 Screenshot

About This File

Size: 3.13 x 4.57"

Author: Twiggi

Gold wheat free embroidery design

What's New in Version dst, exp, hus, jef, pes, vp3   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 4/17/2017 at 9:41 AM, rsloan3 said:

Possibly embroidered over craft foam to achieve the raised look? Haven't tried yet...

• Like 1
On 4/17/2017 at 10:31 PM, Grammadi said:

Is there a special technique for getting the wheat grains to look raised?

Basically, a special “foam” is used for volumetric embroidery, which can be of different colors and different thicknesses.

Hi, I tried this one but the embroidery is so thick that I can't use it? My thread constantly breaks and makes big knots underneath. Do you have tips? I would like to use it to make a reusable bread bag.  

Problem with embroidery design

Embroidery design problem with tension

• Like 1
6 hours ago, iebie said:

Hi, I tried this one but the embroidery is so thick that I can't use it? My thread constantly breaks and makes big knots underneath. Do you have tips? I would like to use it to make a reusable bread bag.  

92828488_10219761567722449_6200893887259607040_o.jpg

93597262_10219762627308938_1025203118687649792_o.jpg

Check the bobbin thread tension. It is best to change the bobbin. I have such problems too.

• Like 2

Thanks. I checked and replaced the bobbin, still having that problem :( My dealer will call me tomorrow. It's a nice design...

• Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 1:14 AM, iebie said:

Thanks. I checked and replaced the bobbin, still having that problem :( My dealer will call me tomorrow. It's a nice design...

This is a long time after your problem was posted iebie, but it looks like you are using metallic thread, and that will be the source of your problem I think. It can come off the top spool too quickly and cause looping/nesting of the work. The solutions given are to use a spool net over the spool, to slow the thread feeding off. Or to use a spool holder away from the machine. I have placed very large spools of metallic thread behind my machine, and positioned them to allow the thread to come off without the spool falling over.

All this being said, this is a very difficult sew in my opinion. The stitches are piled on top of each other to get the thick grain effect. I have made it once. I don't think I would do it again.

• Like 1