Help, new to embroidery. Problems with stitch count

Hello,

I have a Brother VR and love it but i have recently been downloading free designs from internet and as some of the designs are too big i resize with wilcom (free edition) but when I make the design the stitch count is so high that it basically cuts the design out of the t shirt and you can see big holes around the design.

I have used Buzzsize to adjust the size and stitch count but now it misses inner parts of the design out.

Any advise would be amazing as I have been told to buy PE Design 10 at £999 which will sort this out but I cannot afford it. Are there any other pieces of software i can use or if there somewhere else i can get my designs.

I have attached photos, the red flower is the lower stitch count, the green and red flower is the original design.

Thanks

Wayne

IMG-20181110-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20181025-WA0040.jpeg

You can try Wings My editor to reduce your stitch count. That one is also free or Hatch by WIlcom. They have a free 30 day trial of  the full software.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:28 AM, whancox84 said:

Hello,

I have a Brother VR and love it but i have recently been downloading free designs from internet and as some of the designs are too big i resize with wilcom (free edition) but when I make the design the stitch count is so high that it basically cuts the design out of the t shirt and you can see big holes around the design.

I have used Buzzsize to adjust the size and stitch count but now it misses inner parts of the design out.

Any advise would be amazing as I have been told to buy PE Design 10 at £999 which will sort this out but I cannot afford it. Are there any other pieces of software i can use or if there somewhere else i can get my designs.

I have attached photos, the red flower is the lower stitch count, the green and red flower is the original design.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne, I also have several of the "free" software, those can only do so much. I have been looking into the Embrilliance line. It has several parts to it but they are very much affordable and if there are parts you don't want you don't have to purchase them. I belong to several FB sites and everyone uses different software however I haven't heard anything negative about this line.. Hope this helps.... Nana to 9

• Like 1