First of all, what's your budget?

My advice would be to go with either a Brother or Janome.
You are more likely to have certified service/repair providers within a reasonable distance. Just look for the biggest maximum hoop size available that fits your budget.

I have a Janome 350e that I love. This is an embroidery only machine. I chose this because I had a sewing machine that I love and I didn't want a multi purpose machine. It has two hoops - 5x7 and 4x6 and it's pretty easy to use. And it also has a USB port so that you can transfer designs onto the machine.

The Brother machines are also good, tough workhorses too,  (I also tried 2 Brother embroidery machines at work: Brother Pe800 and Pe535 mentioned here) but as far as being more user friendly, having a better screen and more onboard editing capabilities, for the money Janome wins hands down.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I can advise to find how far is nearest shop for guarantee reparations and  for what brands they provide they services.

Second, if they do that for "PFAFF" and "Husquarna Viking", take a look at they web-sites and make a choise. This brands are very good in use and have garanty 5 years.  One more +  they have very good software.