New Embroiderer - Complete Lost

Hi! I just got an embroidery machine for Christmas and I must admit I'm completely lost on buying a software. My machine is a Brother SE600 and I would really like to create my own designs, but I don't think I'm able to convert regular .jpg files into .pec or .pes ones.

What I'm looking for in a software is:

- Affordable (I am a student on a budget. Are there softwares that meet the following criteria under $100 CAD?)

- Compatible with a Macbook 

- Can digitize photos and images into .pec or .pes

Let me know if you have any recommendations! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

If you are just starting your journey in this type of creativity, it makes sense for you to first try to embroider already made projects. For example, for the upcoming winter holidays, you can find a large selection in our library - Christmas embroidery designs.
According to the parameters you specified, there is no software for creating machine embroidery files. The minimum cost of the software is about $ 1,000.

• Like 1
On 12/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, aliunwin said:

Hi! I just got an embroidery machine for Christmas and I must admit I'm completely lost on buying a software. My machine is a Brother SE600 and I would really like to create my own designs, but I don't think I'm able to convert regular .jpg files into .pec or .pes ones.

What I'm looking for in a software is:

- Affordable (I am a student on a budget. Are there softwares that meet the following criteria under $100 CAD?)

- Compatible with a Macbook 

- Can digitize photos and images into .pec or .pes

Let me know if you have any recommendations! Thank you!
I think

As a professional, I think you'd better use ready-made machine embroidery designs or turn to professionals to make a machine embroidery design using your image as a template. Here is a good store, I recommend it Embroidery online store

• Like 1