Hello! While I don't have personal experience with the Elna 830 Expressive embroidery machine, I can provide you with some general advice on working with thick materials and using accessories from other machines.

1. Raising the presser foot height: Some sewing machines have an adjustable presser foot height to accommodate thicker materials. Check your Elna 830 Expressive manual to see if this option is available. If not, you may consider using a different presser foot designed for thicker materials, such as a walking foot or a roller foot.
  2. Using a Janome 500e free motion quilting foot: The Elna 830 Expressive and Janome 500e are manufactured by the same parent company, which means there's a good chance their accessories may be compatible. However, it is always best to consult your Elna manual or contact Elna customer support to confirm compatibility before purchasing or attempting to use a foot from a different machine.

In any case, if you are unsure about modifying your machine or using different accessories, I would recommend reaching out to a local sewing machine dealer or technician for guidance. They may be able to provide you with specific recommendations tailored to your machine and project needs.

• Like 1
Am 27.3.2023 um 13:43 schrieb diver361:

Hello! While I don't have personal experience with the Elna 830 Expressive embroidery machine, I can provide you with some general advice on working with thick materials and using accessories from other machines.

1. Raising the presser foot height: Some sewing machines have an adjustable presser foot height to accommodate thicker materials. Check your Elna 830 Expressive manual to see if this option is available. If not, you may consider using a different presser foot designed for thicker materials, such as a walking foot or a roller foot.
  2. Using a Janome 500e free motion quilting foot: The Elna 830 Expressive and Janome 500e are manufactured by the same parent company, which means there's a good chance their accessories may be compatible. However, it is always best to consult your Elna manual or contact Elna customer support to confirm compatibility before purchasing or attempting to use a foot from a different machine.

In any case, if you are unsure about modifying your machine or using different accessories, I would recommend reaching out to a local sewing machine dealer or technician for guidance. They may be able to provide you with specific recommendations tailored to your machine and project 

Hallo Jill,

Elna und janome sind bei den meisten Modellen baugleich. Das ist auch bei der Nähmaschine und der overlock so. Vermute, dass deshalb dein Fuß bei deiner neuen passt