Original text by Marina Belova
The checklist is the terms of reference a digitizer should stick to. A freelance digitizer gets terms of reference from a client and a hired employee – from a manager. A checklist contains the input parameters of a design which a digitizer should consider even before getting to work.
Terms of reference usually contain:
- the image that will become a design
- the size of that image
- type of material on which it will be embroidered
- where on an item the embroidery will be placed
- the number of colors in the design
- thread type and thickness
- number of supposed stabilizers and their type
- and, of course, the customer preferences.
Also, one should not forget a very important thing – the time frame.
Taking all the factors into account will help a digitizer to decide how the design will be digitized. And whether it will be possible to modify the image to get the embroidery of a high quality.
Edited by Irina