Hi all, 

I am new to this community. I have a problem with my Brother PR620 with the thread take up lever getting stuck in  a downward position, a whining sound and a motor lock message. Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a simple solution or do I have to send my machine to a service centre? I am based in the Seychelles and the nearest service centre is in the UAE or South Africa. I have uploaded a video. If anyone could help I would be very grateful. Jude Bijoux, Golden Threads Embroidery, Seychelles. 

• Upvote 1

Hello... I own same machine. I had similar problem... in my case machine blocked completely. No motor movement at all and same error.
I open it and went step by step. I check all movement parts, sensors,... and I fount blocked wheely on the bottom. But this was my case. 

Remove all covers and observe movement, where the sound come from.. it took me all day to found the mistake. Take your time :)
When you run it without covers make sure that you protect sensors from direct light, because it could stop the machine during testing.

• Like 1