I am still fairly new to all the embroidery with my machine. I have a Brother SE 400 and I have SewWhat Pro but just as a demo version currently but i do plan on possibly using it and purchasing the actual software. But I have been watching tutorials on making key fob chains. I just ordered snap button kit and i am excited to try it out. But my question is how and where can someone get cheap or even possibly free fonts to use with my brother machine in pes file. And when i did find some fonts i installed them but cannot find them on my laptop. 

Please help this newbie

On 2/9/2020 at 5:29 AM, Jenny Robinson said:

I am still fairly new to all the embroidery with my machine. I have a Brother SE 400 and I have SewWhat Pro but just as a demo version currently but i do plan on possibly using it and purchasing the actual software. But I have been watching tutorials on making key fob chains. I just ordered snap button kit and i am excited to try it out. But my question is how and where can someone get cheap or even possibly free fonts to use with my brother machine in pes file. And when i did find some fonts i installed them but cannot find them on my laptop. 

Please help this newbie

There are 2 methods of installing fonts on your computer. The first is to right click on the ttf or otf font file and select install. This will install the font and place a copy of the file in the windows font folder.

The second method is to copy and paste your font files into the windows font folder. This will also install the files.

As for where to get fonts from do a Google, bing or Pinterest search for free fonts. fontbundles.net is a great place to find free ttf fonts that can be used in design software and of course word processors.

Good luck with your search hope this helped a little.

All the best.

Dave