Hi,
You just select the segment that has the trim by using "Select" tool. Then you see "Stop trim command" button at Start/Stop Command area at top-left corner of Design window. (just locates below "File" or "Edit" menu)
You  click the triangle button and choose "No command".

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If I make a segment and want to put in a trim at end of that segment...how do i do the easiest way?

I thought it was with the button that looks like a scissor and called "Insert trim at end" or if I pressed F4. But that option seem to be nonfunctional. Is there anything I am missing to get that button to work?

If I make a segment and want to put in a trim at end of that segment...how do i do the easiest way?

I thought it was with the button that looks like a scissor and called "Insert trim at end" or if I pressed F4. But that option seem to be nonfunctional. Is there anything I am missing to get that button to work?

Both of the options you quoted work in my program, but there are at least a couple of ways to insert a trim at the end of a segment.  You can hit Shift + T to bring up your segment settings.  Select the segment you want the trim to be on and at the right side of the picture of your segment you'll see an eye, a padlock, a properties arrow and 2 buttons with an X in each one.  Click on the right button, which is the end command button, and one of your choices will be Trim.  Another way is to look at the bar across the top of your work page and on the bar right below File in the upper left corner, you'll see those same two buttons with X's in them.  The left one is the Start Command button, the right one is the Stop Command button.  You can insert your trim there also. I hope this helps.  I don't know why the F4 or the Trim button won't work for you.

• 5 months later...