Help appreciated! Newby Wilcom and Happy Japan embroidery machine

Hi all,

I have been working on my embroidery machine for just over 6 months now.

I wonder if you can help, I am digitising initials using Wilcoms basic software and when embroidering on to pyjamas (95% viscose), it isn't coming out neat or smooth. The material is getting slightly pulled too. I am using two bits of tear away backing behind. Any advice on what I can do to fix this please? 

Image below of my current effort

Embroidered monogram design

Thanks again, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

I saw you have several problems.
1. This is a problem with the stabilizer. You have a fabric that stretches. You need to use a very thick stabilizer underneath. Perhaps 2-3 layers and one layer of water-soluble bottom is obligatory.
2. Thread tension. It seems weak to me.
Try embroidering your design as a test on fabrics like heavy cotton or denim. Then you will understand - this is a design or fabric problem.

• Like 1
  • diver361 changed the title to Help appreciated! Newby Wilcom and Happy Japan embroidery machine
13 hours ago, diver361 said:

I saw you have several problems.
1. This is a problem with the stabilizer. You have a fabric that stretches. You need to use a very thick stabilizer underneath. Perhaps 2-3 layers and one layer of water-soluble bottom is obligatory.
2. Thread tension. It seems weak to me.
Try embroidering your design as a test on fabrics like heavy cotton or denim. Then you will understand - this is a design or fabric problem.

Thank you very much for your help, I will try all of this out :-)

Thanks again

• Like 1