Janome MC 10000 CF Card issues PC transfer

Hi All,

I was hoping you folks could help me figure this one out. I've been trying to get the embroidery functionality up and running on my Janome Memory Craft 10000. It's running v1.0 of the firmware so I don't know how easy this will be.

I have the CF card and PCMCIA adapter as is supported, the CF card is no more than 512mb (its 256mb) and I've got it FAT formatted not FAT32 or ExFAT. However when I go and pop it in the machine it doesn't register much, the hourglass icon appears for a second and then disapears, when I go to read off it it just says insert PC card. 

As I understand it I need to format the CF card in the machine first, however in the Set menu there is nowhere that has format as an option. I get the tabs "Common set", "Ordinary Sewing" "Embroidery" and "White Flag". Each tab has 2 pages and none have a format PC card option so far.

I assume this means that it's not even registering the card is there but I'm not entirely sure with that.

If anyone has any advice on how I can get this functionality restored that would be great. Even if it's as simple as a clone of someones working CF card that I can format the thing myself outside of the machine. 

Either way thanks for reading and hopefully we can get this back up and running.

• Upvote 1
On 8/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, Brad42 said:

Hi All,

I was hoping you folks could help me figure this one out. I've been trying to get the embroidery functionality up and running on my Janome Memory Craft 10000. It's running v1.0 of the firmware so I don't know how easy this will be.

I have the CF card and PCMCIA adapter as is supported, the CF card is no more than 512mb (its 256mb) and I've got it FAT formatted not FAT32 or ExFAT. However when I go and pop it in the machine it doesn't register much, the hourglass icon appears for a second and then disapears, when I go to read off it it just says insert PC card. 

As I understand it I need to format the CF card in the machine first, however in the Set menu there is nowhere that has format as an option. I get the tabs "Common set", "Ordinary Sewing" "Embroidery" and "White Flag". Each tab has 2 pages and none have a format PC card option so far.

I assume this means that it's not even registering the card is there but I'm not entirely sure with that.

If anyone has any advice on how I can get this functionality restored that would be great. Even if it's as simple as a clone of someones working CF card that I can format the thing myself outside of the machine. 

Either way thanks for reading and hopefully we can get this back up and running.

I use an Elna machine the ex920

Elna is made by Janome so I presume they use the same formatting option. My machine will do a format for a card in a reader or a USB stick. However when I format a card or stick it is formatted fat32 by my computer I don't actually format on the embroidery machine even though I can.

Give it a go, you never know.

Good luck.

Dave. W

• Like 2

greetings:

I have the janome mc 10000 upgraded TO VERSION MC 10001, HAD same OR SIMILIAR PROIBLEMS, FIRST OF all the machine does not read all CF cards properly, I had to get an older CF card version for it to work, I found that the 

NOTE:
The following Compact Flashes are
recommended for use with the Memory
Craft 10001.
• Sandisk (8 MB, 16 MB, 20 MB)
• Buffalo RCF-C (30 MB), RCF-L (16 MB)
• Kodak (16 MB)
• Lexar (16 MB, 8x/4x)
• TDK (16 MB)
• Pretec (16 MB)
• Microtec (16 MB)
PC Card (Optional Item)
I used an older sandisk, 128  also if you get it working you really need the upgrade to version 3.3, you really need that to get good embroidery stitches, [email protected] , email me for the update when ready, firmware update to vs 3.3 below pdf this should help, I formatted mine in pc at fat format not fat32

to upgrade insert card turn on machine holding down buttons, not sure which will have to look up, then it reload all the software and add fonts and embroidery files, works alot smoother, dont  try to read the card in the machine it will re write and format with directories in there and loose the upgrade keep it in a safe place not to lose it,

janome format card what-to-buy...cf-card-adapter-reader....pdf

• Like 1