• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I love your embroideries. so I decided to buy an embroidery machine for the first time in my life. I will get a Babylock. I was trying to download the free goldfish free embroidery design  (this is the reason i am buying the machine) but my computer says i need a software. Where do i get the software from? Thank you,

On 6/15/2015 at 7:31 AM, chablis said:

Hi, I love your embroideries. so I decided to buy an embroidery machine for the first time in my life. I will get a Babylock. I was trying to download the free goldfish free embroidery design  (this is the reason i am buying the machine) but my computer says i need a software. Where do i get the software from? Thank you,

For embroidering don't need any software. Download embroidery file (pes or dst format) and upload to embroidery machine or save to USB stick.
For convert and edit need special software. Free version here Free embroidery software
  • Like 1
  • 7 years later...

It sounds like you're trying to use a file with your Bernina 730 sewing machine, but it's not reading the file correctly. If the file is in .ART format, which Bernina uses, it should theoretically work. Here are a few steps you can try:

File Format: Double-check that the file you downloaded is indeed in the .ART format that your Bernina machine can read. You might have inadvertently downloaded the wrong format.

File Corruption: The file may be corrupted. Try downloading it again. If you continue to have problems, contact the source from which you bought the file and let them know you're having trouble.

Software Update: Ensure your Bernina 730 software is up to date. Sometimes, older software versions can have difficulty reading certain files. You can usually download updates from the official Bernina website.

Embroidery Software: If none of the above solutions work, you might consider using embroidery software like Bernina's ArtLink to open and possibly convert the file. ArtLink is free embroidery software that can be downloaded from the Bernina website.

File Compatibility: If the file is in .ART format, but still not working, it could be an issue with the file compatibility. Bernina machines use different versions of the .ART format, and not all are necessarily compatible with all machines. If the design was saved in a newer version of the ART format than your machine can handle, it won't be able to read the design. In this case, you'll need to have the file converted to an older version of the ART format.

Customer Support: If all else fails, you can reach out to Bernina customer support. They may be able to assist you in troubleshooting the problem.

Remember to always make sure any software or updates you download are from trusted sources to protect your computer and your sewing machine from potential harm.