I am having a tough time not stretching or splitting my fabric. I have tried 2 backings and a washable front. I have tried slowing the machine but I just can't get it. I am using a Brother SE1900 embroidery machine with 90wt bobbin and 40wt embroidery thread. Please help and thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, Adam42 said:

I am having a tough time not stretching or splitting my fabric. I have tried 2 backings and a washable front. I have tried slowing the machine but I just can't get it. I am using a Brother SE1900 embroidery machine with 90wt bobbin and 40wt embroidery thread. Please help and thank you in advance.

Stretching or splitting fabric is usually one of 2 things. You are hooping your material too tight, causing the splitting, don't get me wrong you do need it tight, but not so you could pretend to be Cozy Powell or Phill Collins LOL. Also if a design is a dense design i.e. lots of stitches very close together or stitches on top of stitches, this will pull the material. If this is the case try to enlarge the design 10% or so. This acts to open up the gaps between the stitches making it less dense and should "pull" less. Watch you don't have your tension too high on your top thread, and of course slow down a little. I am no expert I am new to embroidery too, but I digitise designs and having a dense design can cause all sorts of problems. It will also makes the design stiff, witch makes it uncomfortable on t-shirts.

All the best and good luck.

Dave

• Thanks 1