Elna Expressive 830L transfering .jef files problem.

Hi guys, so i have this particular problem.When i am trying to transfer .jef to the machine, where the maximum size of the hoop is 200x360 (7 inch x 14 inch ), and the jef file is larger than 200 mm (7inch), the machine won’t see the .jef file and also wilcom embroidery software won’t let me save .jef files because the embroidery is too big but i don’t get it why because if i am trying to save it in .pes and there is no problem.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem or someone else encountered this problem and has a solution?

Thanks guys and sorry for the bad english.

• Like 1

Yes, there is such a problem. I usually solve it like this. I save in Wilcom in DST format. After that, I convert the Embird converter into the format I need.
The problem with saving in the correct format is due to the fact that the software does not have up-to-date information about all available hoops. Often, only converters have new information about new models of embroidery machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, sunwaves7 said:

Hi guys, so i have this particular problem.When i am trying to transfer .jef to the machine, where the maximum size of the hoop is 200x360 (7 inch x 14 inch ), and the jef file is larger than 200 mm (7inch), the machine won’t see the .jef file and also wilcom embroidery software won’t let me save .jef files because the embroidery is too big but i don’t get it why because if i am trying to save it in .pes and there is no problem.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem or someone else encountered this problem and has a solution?

Thanks guys and sorry for the bad english.

I use Wilcom Hatch and if you have a design that is bigger than your hoop size you could always use the multi hoop option it's quite easy you could in theory make a design 5 foot long and export it in .pes format so long as you split the design with the multi hooping option. I had a design that was 200x400mm and my biggest hoop is 230x300. So I split the design in 2 the software places registration marks to make the second hooping easy. It's worth looking at.

Good luck. Dave