Hi , I have a nylon jacket with a lining that has a zipper for embroidery patches to be sewn on, I never sew on Nylon before, what underlay and what backing is recommend for this job..

The machine embroidery design is a OVAL shaped logo with fills and satins layered

Hi , I have a nylon jacket with a lining that has a zipper for embroidery patches to be sewn on, I never sew on Nylon before, what underlay and what backing is recommend for this job..

The machine embroidery design is a OVAL shaped logo with fills and satins layered

I could use some tips for sewing on nylon too....

You have some options when sewing on nylon.  Since the jacket is light, you want to support the stitches.  If there are a lot of stitches in the embroidery design, choose a 2.0 oz hefty cut away or a stable backing which can support high volume stitching.  You an use a tear-away for light stitches, but I would still make sure that the backing is heavy enough to support it.  I also use a wash away topping.  Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am fairly new to embroidery and seem to be having a problem. Every time a sew a logo on a very thin shirt made of polyester it leaves small holes around the letters. Do I need to change the density in order to sew this logo without making holes in the garmet? Any help would be appreciated!