• 4 weeks later...

HAVE DOWLOAD BEFORE FROM YOU WITH NO PROBLEM  WITH PES FORMAT, THIS TIME HOWEVER THE DOWNLOAD IS READING AS UNEXPECTED FORMAT BY MY PE NEXT SOFTWARE WHICH I HAVE NEVER HAD IT DO BEFORE--COULD YOU PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH THIS PROBLEM- I HAVE TRIED TO CONVERT IT TO DST AND THAT ALSO READS AS UNEXPECTED FORMAT-WILL NOT EVEN SHOW UP ON SCREEN IN MY SOFTWARE DESIGN PAGE 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I have downloaded and installed the PED Basic software to my computer.  When I open the embroidery files I have on the computer in the PED Basic program it is not 'seeing' all of the files - they all have the .pes extension.  I also do not have an 'import patterns' option on my program.  The Brother Machine I am using is a Brother Pacesetter ULT 2001  - so only a floppy drive and card drive option to read files - no USB drive.  Any assistance you give me would be appreciated.  

• Like 1

I copied and saved the .PES files to my desktop then attempted to open them in the PED Basic but the PED Basic is still not showing all of them.  Not sure if this matters or not but the files not showing were from a Kimbray Blank class I am taking with our local sewing store, not sure if they are proprietary or not.  Below is a screen shot of the desktop file and what I can see in PED Basic. Also I do not see where the 'Import Patterns' option is found - thanks

Screenshot with PED-basic software

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My PED-basic is not allowing me to see designs from anywhere except the desktop or the card itself. when I click on the folder button to choose where I want to get embroideries from it only gives the option of desktop or card. I'm not able to see or choose any other drive to get at my embroidery files on the C drive. When I click file I am only given options related to printing and print previewing/setup, there is no import option.
Also I have some new embroideries which are simply not showing up even though they are on the desktop which the software will let me get files from. Other embroideries on the desktop that are new do show up. The embroidery files that do and don't show up are all of different sizes so that can't be the issue. The new ones came saying ".PES" but I already tried renaming them to ".pes" and they're still invisible to the PED-basic program.

I tried reinstalling the program as well but to no avail.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. I downloaded a ton of .pes designs while waiting on my PED Basic Card Writer to arrive. None of the files are visible in the software. There also is not an option to import. I called Brother Support but the agent was unable to help. He was able to verify that I have the most up to date version of the software 1.07 but that is as far as he could help. I checked the file size and it is smaller than several of the designs in the sample folder

Open photo

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue as the February 10 post.  Is there a new version of the PED Basic software that we can download.  I am on version 1.07.  Thank you for any help you can provide.  It appears I am not the only one.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

In PED Basic, a picture of a folder is to access files. Double click the Desktop folder image and all the folders on your desktop will appear.

To start importing any file in PED Basic window, click its image in left window. The right-pointing arrow button on PED Basic will turn blue. Click the blue arrow to move file to right window. When finished, you click arrow below right window. Import current files on card before erasure in the same fashion: highlight in left window, click blue arrow key to move to right window to write to card

If the files in the left window of PED basic have a hoop image overlay with strike-through, the file is too big for your selected hoop size. This could mean the file is too large and/or you've selected the incorrect max hoop size for your machine. If you want to select between MM and Inches, click the Options button at top. You can switch between MM and Inches there. If you have too large a hoop size selected for your machine and have the card inserted into the embroidery machine, you will get beeping on your embroidery machine and it will not turn on. My older machines beep and the LCD remains blank but lit. Always turn off embroidery machine to insert or remove cards. Correct the hoop size by having the card inserted in a in PED Basic writer device and re-write card completely to correct size.

edit: wanted to add that specific folder selection(s) needs to be done after double click selecting Desktop. Also, the files on the Card itself are in an icon above Desktop in file Folder selection. You may have to scroll up to see the PED Basic Card icon. Selecting this will make it so you can save current files from the card to a new re-writing of the card. You will have to manually move them over to the current writing of the card, but it's very simple procedure. It does need done if you want to save those files on the card for future stitching on embroidery machine.

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...

I went through every possible option to open a purchased .pes file in PED-basic. It does not recognize the .pes files in the folder? Why? I even wasted my money purchasing a smaller size embroidery design and the same outcome. Everywhere I look it seems the creators just beat around the bush on this issue. It sounds like the intention of this gimmick device is to only download their free crude designs. They had no intentions on people purchasing and transferring their own to the card. Super frustrating. Waste of money. I would like truth to be told to everyone about this product. The "some pes files arent recognized" is not a good answer. Whats the problem?