I have used the embroidery features and am having a lot of fun. I would like to add fonts and am very confused as to what I need or how to do it. I do not have a Janome dealer close by. Can I simply download fonts onto a CF card or do I need some kind of embroidery software on my laptop? How basic (and inexpensive) can I go to start with? I've read alot on the forums and I have not seen this question. The former owner is not available for questions, either.

The machine itself has 3 built in fonts in the embroidery mode that you can just type and then put in the edit screen. To do anything elaborate you'd need at least Digitizer Jr (about $400+) There are loads of free programs that you can see and change formats (in case you had a design that wasn't .jef) Wilcom makes one. Good luck

• 7 months later...

I just purchased the Janome Digitizer Jr. V4.0. I would like to import my fonts that I have purchased as the jef format. Can someone help me. I would like step by step if you can do that. I have the new purchased fonts in a folder on my desktop and they are shown as a digitizer icon. But I can bring the fonts to the program to type in works. It only comes up one letter at a time. Please help!! frustrated! :(