Hey everybody. I'm torn between either getting a baby lock enterprise or the amaya xts.  From what I've read I can only find that Babylock is more for beginners or more accurately "idiot proof." I understand there is a huge learning curve with embroidery but I am ready for it. I am leaning more towards the babylock because of the camera and touch screen, but I also read the Amaya would be better for production.  give me insight on these machines, or would I be safe with either one? Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks
  • Upvote 1

Thank you. I AM doing quite good with DTG and I think Iwill grow with Embroidery. I do like the features baby lock has over the melco with the camera and touch screen. Can I ask you how often do you find yourself using the camera? Also is it true that with the same needles you go through leather and other materials?

Hi, I have a Melco Amaya machine which was before the XTS versions. It was my first machine also the learning curve was not too bad as i took their class. They are nice for production as you get busy you can add additional heads as needed, network them together, and run 1 job on all machines or run different jobs on every machine. Good Luck with your search

Properly adjusted, both machines should produce the same stitch quality. Beyond that, it's ease of use and ease of service. We're considering selling/trading one of our Brother PR600's and going to the 10 needle mainly for the camera - we've been doing a bunch of split front designs and being able to place the design more accurately could really save us a lot of time. We also need a wider sewing field than the PR600 and the 10 needle 8x14 inch frame would solve both issues.

• 4 years later...