When you installed it, did the install change all the design icons to the Truesizer? If so, right click on the file (design) and go to properties and change the icon back to the program you used to open your designs and hit apply. That will change them all back to the icon they were and they will open up in your preferred software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mila Oost said:

Please, be careful! I downloaded Wilcom True sizer and now all the design files in my library are corrupted!
I can hardly be called an alarmist, but now I am experiencing something similar.
Tell me, please, how can I restore files?
Wilcom Tru Sizer cannot be removed!

If you right click on one of your design files and select "open with" then find the run file for your preferred software this will be an EXE file. Before you click on accept be sure to click on the box to set the software file as "default". This is only one way to revert back to your software there are also others.

Good luck.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Grammadi said:

When you installed it, did the install change all the design icons to the Truesizer? If so, right click on the file (design) and go to properties and change the icon back to the program you used to open your designs and hit apply. That will change them all back to the icon they were and they will open up in your preferred software.

Thanks!  Not only icons, the density has changed, there are much fewer stitches and does not look beautiful. How to get rid of this software? This cannot be deleted. 

41 minutes ago, Dave W said:

If you right click on one of your design files and select "open with" then find the run file for your preferred software this will be an EXE file. Before you click on accept be sure to click on the box to set the software file as "default". This is only one way to revert back to your software there are also others.

Good luck.

Dave

Thanks! I will try tonight.

• Confused 1

So, I could not completely remove this damned software. In addition, the original PFAFF software is corrupted. All embroidery designs are damaged - the number of stitches drastically decreased without my participation. I tried to reinstall the PFAFF software, download new designs, but they suffered the same fate.
All my life I was careful with extraneous Internet resources. This happened for the first and last time.
So,  what's now? I can not use my computer for embroidering software
. :(

• Sad 1

First do not worry.
1. Make a copy of your designs on a separate medium.
2. Try to send these designs to another computer.
3. Uninstall the embroidery software. Reboot the computer. Install free software and try to open design files.
My opinion. I do not think your files are corrupted. Most likely this is a system error.
What is your operating system?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, diver361 said:

First do not worry.
1. Make a copy of your designs on a separate medium.
2. Try to send these designs to another computer.
3. Uninstall the embroidery software. Reboot the computer. Install free software and try to open design files.
My opinion. I do not think your files are corrupted. Most likely this is a system error.
What is your operating system?

Thanks for the support! I don’t worry, it is a waste of energy. This is not about me. I think what to do?   If I succeed, I will definitely share my experience. 

Operating  sistem is Windows 10.

I will be glad for any advice and try all possible solutions.  I think the most correct solution is to remove everything and reinstall the software and to re-download all  the original embroidery files. It will take a lot of time. Unfortunately, the processed files and my own designs are lost.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for you Mila, I know how you must be feeling. I had a hard drive die on me a few years ago and I lost loads of my children's baby photos. I would definitely contact wilcom support on their website and explain what happened. They may be able to shed some light on the situation. From past experience I now keep all my files on 3 usb flash drives as well as a copy on my laptop. Collecting designs and digitising designs takes a lot of time and effort. I would definitely recommend to make several copies in the future on separate devices. Again I am saddened you have had this problem. Keep your chin up they are only "Things" and can be replaced.

All the best of luck.

Dave.

• Like 2

P.S. I mean, that being at home in quarantine time, I can spend more time working with the corrupted files.

I wish everyone to avoid the coronavirus. Keep strong!

My experience:

1. Some of the designs were not damaged. They were in directories that were not open since the installation of "Wilcom" until the complete removal of this program.

2. Scan for viruses did not reveal a single one. 

3. A likely cause of damage to embroidery designs is a software conflict.  I use  PFAFF Premier + Embroydery.  My operating sistem is "Windows 10".