• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I just looked at a video from Bobbin Buzz online on embroidery using a sparkle mylar on the top of open embroidery.  It looks very enticing.  Has anyone embroidered on mylar and is there a  particular type of mylar to use for embroidery?  Any tips or look outs?

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...
  • diver361 changed the title to Bleeding embroidery thread
On 9/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, Amy Cooper said:

May be, your client must've used a strong bleach. Check it first, and contact the thread manufacturer.

I use Madeira rayon  threads during 3 years.  And have no any problems. Probably, they use wrong detergent for washing or temperature higher 30*C, maximum is 40*C.  It can be a reason.

• Like 2
On 2/15/2014 at 8:00 PM, lone said:

Has anyone had anyone complain about Madeira red machine embroidery thread bleeding into a white cotton T-shirt? I had a customer call and complain. What would cause this?

I use Madeira rayon  threads during 3 years.  And have no any problems. Probably, they use wrong detergent for washing or temperature higher 30*C, maximum is 40*C.  It can be a reason.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

i have had Madeira rayon thread bleed on a quilt while it was on my longarm.  I sprayed plain water to remove water soluble marker line and the spray went onto the embroidery and it bled!  Haven't found a solution other than to not embroider quilts anymore.  very disappointed in embroidery threads.  To me, the whole purpose of using rayon is for the nice sheen which polyester doesn’t have.  can’t blame detergents, or bleach or user didn’t wash the piece properly, it was plain water from a spray, not even getting it soaked and threads do bleed!!!