I bought Brother PE design 9  (next) software - it is a cheap beginners embroidery software, geared more toward the home market or hobby, personally I wish I had bought Wilcom ES  2 or 3 version (very expensive). Training and the learning curve when you change to a commercial professiona machine embroidery was not worth the headache!!

Just need time...

• 2 weeks later...

I using this embroidery software and this ismy first digitizing software, but I have lot's of experience with other graphic software (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
So far, it gets the job done. I digitize all my embroidery designs. There are probably some more "smart tools" in Wilcom and Tajima, but I haven't needed them yet. Maybe in time I will.
Or, may I just don't know what I don't know

I am trying to go back to embroidery after a \"break\" of a few years.  I have PE Design 5.0 and the card reader, dongle, etc.  I am considering upgrading to a newer version, but now I can\'t even get this version to work!  It just doesn\'t install now.  I had it installed and working for several years, and I dug out the cables and everything looks good from that standpoint. I\'ve seen several ads proclaiming that I can download version six \"for free.\"  All I want to do is download one little 2\" sleigh and embroider it on my grandson\'s Christmas stocking. Obviously, I need help figuring out what to do.
Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

lAP TOP  was in local shop getting :de-bug: Software has disappeared and   I seem only to have version 5.0 and 6.0 upgrade Programme seems to be looking for something before version 5 to let me programme everything back in. Please can you help Laptop is Window XP prof. 32.
Helen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...